Underground facility locators are responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems. Technician will thoroughly search for underground utilities, properly mark the locations, document, and photograph said markings.
The position requires work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and use of computer to document and complete all locate requests. We are first responders to utility companies, both private and government, so overtime and on-call are expected. Ability to work weekends and holidays required.
Compensation depends on experience and those with prior experience are encouraged to apply. Company training provided, but basic knowledge given priority in hiring decision.
- Company vehicle provided
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Computer, cell phone, and equipment provided
- Advancement opportunities available
- Company-provided bonuses and profit sharing plan- no "match"- company pays
- Must be able to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as needed and be on-call
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Clean driving record and background check required
- Must pass post hire physical and be legally able to work in U.S. E-Verify used.
- Safety is our number one concern. Zero tolerance drug policy- must pass drug test