Safety Comes First
Safety is a critical factor in any project. GCC's managers and supervisors are held accountable for predicting, identifying, and correcting unsafe acts and conditions, as well as promoting safety awareness among our greatest asset: our employees.
There is no job too small or too large to utilize effective safety procedures. Our clients' goals are our goals – to provide a safe environment for our employees to do what they do best. At the end of the day, we want each employee to go home to his or her family. Our Safety Comes First culture comes from top management down. Accident prevention does not just happen. It's a commitment that we make daily.
Each project includes safety instruction, personal protective equipment, proper methods and equipment, ensuring safe conditions, and most importantly, workers must understand the assignment.
We provide protection against accidental injury by our daily commitment to the prevention of unsafe acts and conditions. Through our regularly scheduled safety meetings, hazard identification through job safety analysis, and avoidance procedures along with near-miss and accident reporting and investigation, GCC is committed to reducing workplace injuries by exceeding safety standards set by regulatory governmental agencies.
Our Safety Comes First culture is enhanced through:
- Open Attendance Safety Committee Participation
- Zero Budget Restrictions on Safety
- Weekly and Monthly Safety Meetings
- Inspections for Prevention and Use of Best Practices
- Suggestions on Prevention through Employee Participation
- Employee Empowerment
- Job Safety Analysis
- Work Zone Safety and Flagging Training
- Competent Excavation Training and Excavation Awareness Training
- Blood-Borne Pathogens Awareness and Hearing Conservation Awareness
- Sustaining member of LA One Call
- Baton Rouge Safety Council
- Pipeline Testing Consortium