We are looking for someone that wants to have a long term, secure job. They will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Position will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, issuing purchase orders, type memos, data entry as well as additional clerical duties. Must be willing to accept new responsibilities as they come. Will work in Microsoft Office Suite everyday so must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge of job costing and accounts payable is highly desired. We offer health insurance, dental, vision, 401k.
Essential Daily Functions
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Work in Microsoft Office
- Scanning invoices and data entry
- verbal and written communication skills
- professional personal presentation
- customer service orientation
- organizing and planning
- attention to detail
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.